10 Benefits of studying at an Online school:
1. No need to wear school uniforms.
2. No sitting in a classroom for 203 days a year. (±1600 hours/year)
3. You get to stay in your PJ’s all day. (if you want)
4. You don’t HAVE to wake up early every day.
5. You can decide when you want to take a break, how many breaks you take, and how long the break should last.
6. You can decide what activities to do during your breaks.
7. You can eat whenever you want.
8. If you finish all your tasks for the week, you can take an off-day.
9. You have time to start new hobbies and/or volunteer.
10. Everything you need is just one click away.
Benefits if you are working and you want to do extra subjects:
1. You can go at your own pace, and choose a timetable that will suit your schedule. 2. You will be able to get all the help needed through online support.
3. You will gain a new skill.
4. Doing a new subject can help you to change career paths, or to supplement your current employment.
5. You can try out extra subjects, and if you change your mind, you can stop that subject earlier.
Misconceptions of an Online School…
1. You won’t get the same attention: No need to worry about that. Every subject has a fully qualified teacher that is eager and happy to help you with any questions you might have regarding the subject.
2. You are on your own: This cannot be further from the truth. If you are struggling with ANYTHING at the online school such as: sticking to your schedule, uploading documents, or uncertainty regarding what to study. All you need to do is ask.
Every week your teacher will communicate essential information with you to help keep you accountable and on track.
3. You won’t be able to interact with peers/teachers face-to-face: There will be certain tasks given where you need to find out what your peers say or think about a topic. There will be Skype interactions, online group calls that you are welcome to join, and you can also schedule a one-on-one session with your teacher.
By: GB Blight
*Do you have any other concerns/fears about online schooling? If so, please comment on this post so that we can address them.